When it pertains to investing in cryptocurrency, I look at the following main characteristics:
- What benefit does it bring to the table?
- Is the cryptocurrency stable?
Example: Are there hundreds, if not thousands of masternodes online?
- Are you able to interact with the developers?
Example: Are you able to chat with them on Discord?
- How is their website’s graphical user interface (GUI)? Does it have great aesthetics?
- Has the leadership stuck to previous timelines in completing projects / tasks to help push the cryptocurrency forward?
- What future marketing efforts and cryptocurrency penetration efforts are planned for the currency in question?
- Are there masses of the coin / token available?
Explanation: The more coins or tokens there are available by a cryptocurrency, the harder it is to get any type of upside momentum.
Most of the cryptocurrencies I own have a max market supply of under 21 million, with the exception of Ethereum.